By J. Larry Jameson MD PhD, Leslie J. De Groot MD
ENDOCRINOLOGY, edited via J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD and Leslie J. De Groot, MD, has been thought of the definitive resource in its box for many years. Now this landmark reference has been exhaustively up-to-date to deliver you the newest scientific suggestions on all features of analysis and remedy for the total variety of endocrine and metabolism problems, together with new details on diabetes, weight problems, males I and II, issues of intercourse choice, and pituitary tumors. totally new chapters on Lipodystrophy Syndromes, Lipoprotein Metabolism, and Genetic issues of Phosphate Homeostasis retain you good educated on today’s sizzling themes. You’ll reap the benefits of targeted, worldwide views on grownup and pediatric endocrinology ready via a world crew of well known specialists. Full-text searchable on-line entry on hand. In print and on-line, this reference is optimally designed that will help you reach your hard perform and make sure the absolute best results for each patient.
- Overcome almost any scientific problem with exact, specialist assurance of each quarter of endocrinology, authored by means of hundreds of thousands of major luminaries within the field.
- Access the whole textual content on-line at expertconsult.com, absolutely searchable, with normal updates, case reports, hyperlinks to PubMed abstracts, and more.
- Provide state of the art care with accomplished updates on diabetes, weight problems, males I and II, issues of intercourse selection, and pituitary tumors … brand-new chapters on Lipodystrophy Syndromes, Lipoprotein Metabolism, and Genetic problems of Phosphate Homeostasis … accelerated insurance of activities functionality, together with testosterone, androgen examine, and bone progress and deterioration … and the most recent discoveries in genetics and the way they impact sufferer care.
- Make the simplest scientific judgements with an more desirable emphasis on evidence-based perform together with professional opinion.
- Rapidly seek advice from relied on gurus because of new expert-opinion therapy ideas and recommendations.
- Zero in at the such a lot correct and necessary references by means of a extra targeted, concise bibliography.
- Locate details extra speedy, whereas nonetheless getting the total assurance you predict, with streamlined, possible volumes.
Read or Download Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
This e-book has been created for sufferers who've made up our minds to make schooling and examine an essential component of the therapy method. even though it additionally offers info valuable to medical professionals, caregivers and different healthiness pros, it tells sufferers the place and the way to seem for info overlaying nearly all themes on the topic of pheochromocytoma (also Chromaffin cellphone Tumor; Chromaffin tumors; Paraganglioma), from the necessities to the main complex parts of study.
Written by means of a number one specialist in thyroid biopsy interpretation, this text/atlas is the main accomplished reference on thyroid pathology. It comprises over 1,700 full-color photomicrographs depicting the entire diversity of findings noticeable on superb needle aspiration biopsies. The illustrations express the large spectrum of cytologic positive factors for every illness entity, together with strange in addition to standard styles.
The purpose of this e-book is to supply transparent and concise information regarding the secure prescribing of insulin either subcutaneously and intravenously. It presents info at the kinds of insulin, the supply units, unwanted effects of insulin and, most significantly, on rational dose adjustment.
- Diabetes : Clinician's Desk Reference
- Harrison's Endocrinology, 2nd Edition
- Endocrinology: Basic and Clinical Principles
- Diabetes: Chronic Complications (Practical Diabetes)
Extra info for Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric
12 The impact of RIAs on physiology, endocrinology, and clinical medicine cannot be overemphasized. RIAs and related assays are now used routinely for almost all hormone measurements and have replaced many less sensitive chemical methods and bioassays. RIAs were once the province of specialty endocrine laboratories but have gradually become automated and integrated into clinical pathology laboratories. Mass spectroscopy methods are being used increasingly as a means to measure steroids and peptides.
In addition to recognition that the adult disorder of myxedema shared certain clinical features of cretinism,3 a tenuous connection to thyroid gland dysfunction was proposed. The plates shown in Fig. 5 This was probably the first example of successful hormone replacement and spawned parallel efforts for other glandular diseases. By the turn of the century, the clinical manifestations of Graves’ disease, acromegaly, Addison’s disease, diabetes mellitus, and pheochromocytoma were well established.
Most steroid hormones and many peptide hormones circulate in association with binding proteins. T4 and T3 bind to thyroxine-binding globulin (TBG), albumin, and thyroxinebinding prealbumin (TBPA). Similarly, cortisol binds to cortisolbinding globulin (CBG), and androgens and estrogens bind to sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG). IGF-1 and IGF-2 bind to multiple IGF-binding proteins (IGFBPs). GH interacts with GH-binding protein (GHBP), a circulating fragment of the GH receptor extracellular domain.
Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric by J. Larry Jameson MD PhD, Leslie J. De Groot MD